From the North: On Highway I-90, Exit 57 at Rapid City and travel south on Highway 16 to Highway 16A through the town of Keystone to SR 244. Follow the signs along SR 244 to Mount Rushmore. From the South: Follow the signs on Highway 18 or 385 through Hot Springs north and turn right on SR 244.
Parking & Admission
Parking Fee: $10
Active-duty Military: Free
Entrance Fee: NONE
(Late May through Mid-August)
- Visitor Center: 8 am – 10 pm daily
- Information Center: 8 am – 10 pm daily
- Sculptor’s Studio: 8 am – 8 pm daily
(Mid-August through September 30)
- Visitor Center: 8 am – 9 pm daily
- Information Center 8 am – 9 pm daily
- Sculptor’s Studio: 8 am – 7 pm daily
(October 1 through Late-May)
- Visitor Center: 8 am – 5 pm daily
- Information Center: 8 am – 5 pm daily
- Park buildings are closed on December 25.
Self-Guided Mount Rushmore Tours
Multimedia Tour: $8
Audio Tour: $6
In English, Español, German, Lakota and Français. Family rates available. Multimedia Tour includes Junior Ranger Quest game and Audio-Described Tour in English. Rentals available from Tour Building in summer and Information Center in winter.
What to Do
Take advantage of the Things to Do while visiting Mount Rushmore:
- Visit the Lincoln Borglum Visitor Center, Information Center and Sculptor’s Studio to learn more about the carver’s vision.
- Hike the Nature Trail, Presidential Trail and explore the Youth Exploration Area.
- Take a picture of the sculpture from various unique angles, like the Grand View Terrace, Carvers’ Cafe, Borglum View Terrace and the Sculptor’s Studio.
- Attend the Evening Lighting Ceremony, held nightly throughout the summer.
- Hunt for a treasure in the Gift Shop.
- Find a book or memento at the Mount Rushmore Bookstores in the Lincoln Borglum Visitor Center, Information Center and Sculptor’s Studio.
- Become an official Junior Ranger when you fill out the Junior Ranger booklet or play Junior Ranger Quest online. Download the app in the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Take a Ranger-led Tour. Schedule available in the Lincoln Borglum Visitor Center or Information Center.
- Enjoy a scoop of Thomas Jefferson ice cream or a meal from the Carvers’ Marketplace.
For more information, check at the Information Desk for daily Ranger Programs.