As Mount Rushmore’s Renovation and Paver Project is almost complete and the CDC has relaxed mask mandates for those who have been fully vaccinated against COVID, we plan to re-open all of our locations in the near future. By mid-June, the Visitor Center Bookstore, Information Center Bookstore, Sculptor’s Studio Bookstore and Mount Rushmore Self-Guided Tours will be back in action.
While the pandemic seems to be getting better, the National Park Service is still implementing the following COVID protocols to keep all our visitors safe:
- A ranger tent will be set up outside the Information Center for visitor information regarding the Black Hills area and park information.
- The movie shown daily in the Lincoln Borglum Visitor Center will run every 10 minutes at half capacity.
- More Sculptor’s Studio talks have been scheduled to spread out attendance.
- Social Distancing opportunities will be put in place for the Evening Lighting Ceremony, such as audio for the program broadcasted over the PA system.
- Cleaning regimen is in place.
Please note the following activities planned at Mount Rushmore. Check with a Ranger Desk when visiting the park for the most up-to-date information.
2021 Park Activities
- Lincoln Borglum Visitor Center is currently open 8 am – 5 pm. Hours will expand to 8 am – 10 pm on May 28.
- Thirty-minute ranger talks are being given in the Lincoln Borglum Visitor Center at 10 am, 1 pm and 3 pm.
- The Information Center Bookstore and the Mount Rushmore Self-Guided Tour Building will open after the construction concludes on June 18.
- The Evening Lighting Ceremony will begin at 9 pm from May 28 to August 14. Then, it will move to 8 pm from August 15 to September 30.
- The Sculptor’s Studio will open May 28 from 8 am – 8 pm. Fifteen-minute talks will be held at the hour and at the half hour.
- Other ranger-conducted activities will be advertised near the Information Center and at the front desk of the Lincoln Borglum Visitor Center.